Recent Posts
Affirmative – Past Tense I had to leave then. I had to wear a uniform at school. You had to talk to him last night. You had to send emails in your job. He had to wash his car yesterday. He had to work indoors. She had to be at home early yesterday. She had to work outdoors. We had to be at the airport in time last week. We had to pay for this course. You had to be at the office early yesterday. You had to leave on Monday. They had to phone their parents. They had to open the shop early.    Interrogative –Past Tense Did I have to leave then? Did I have to wear a uniform at school? Did you have to talk to him last night? Did you have to send emails in your job? Did he have to wash his car yesterday? Did he have to work indoors? Did she have to be at home early yesterday? Did she have to work outdoors? Did we have to be at the airport in time last week? Did we have to pay for this course? Did you have to be at the office early yesterday? Did you have to leave on Monday? Did they have to phone their parents? Did they have to open the shop early?   Observatii: to have/have got/to have to 1.to have = have got (a avea) a)She has a big house.     She has got a big house. b) I havea lot of books.     I have got a lot of books. c) You havea nice room.         You have got a nice room. d)  He hasa CD player.       He has got a CD player. e)  We havea computer.       We have got a computer. f)   They havea big garden       They have got a big garden.   to have to + verb (trebuie sa) I have to work hard. You have to leave now. He has to phone his boss. She has to wear a uniform. We have to learn English. You have to talk to them. They have to write a lot of emails.
LIMBA ENGLEZĂ  Choose the correct answer:   1. John ……. right now.  a) is questioned b) is questioning c) questions d) is being questioned   2. It …. all day.  a) has rained b) had been raining c) rained d) has been raining   3. Eminescu …… a lot of poems.  a) has written b) had written c) has been writing d) wrote   4. Hardly …. ….. the house when he realized he had to come back.  a) he had left b) had he left c) had he lived d) he has leaved   5. I’d rather you …. here.  a) didn’t smoke b) don’t smoke c) won’t smoke d) doesn’t smoke   6. A zis că nu ştie nimic despre tine.  a) She said she didn’t know nothing about you b) She said she knew anything about you c) She said she doesn’t know anything about you d) She said she knew nothing about you   7. She doesn’t like Chemistry. She’d rather …. Physics.  a) chose b) choose c) had chosen d) chooses   8. She said she ….. me soon.   a) will call b) would call c) calls d) has called   9. You ….. cross the border. It is forbidden.  a) can’t b) mustn’t c) may not d) couldn’t   10. I …. Paul two days ago. a) meet b) met c) have met d) meeted   11. She …… yet.  a) hasn’t arrived b) didn’t arrive c) has arrived d) haven’t arrived   12. Brian drives his car …. than his brother. a) more carefully b) carefullier c) more carefully d) more carefullier 13. They wanted to know where …. a) the museum is b) was the museum c) is the museum d) the museum was   14. It’s high time you ….. a) lived b) shall leave c) left d) will leave   15. If I had learned more I …. a better job. a) will have found b) would have found c) will find d) find   16. What …. today’s news? a) are b) is c) were d) has   17. At this time tomorrow, I …. over the Atlantic. a) will fly b) will be flying c) shall fly d) would fly   18. Open the window, …..? a) shall you b) will you c) can you d) may you   19. She is watching TV. …… a) So do I b) So am I c) So I do d) So I am   20. Ten times four is …… a) fourty b) fourteen c) forty d) forteen   21. She realized she might be … danger. a) in b) under c) on d) with   22. Actually this man is his …….. whom his mother married after their divorce. a) father in law b) stepfather c) warden d) guardian   23. This boy has been in this class … 2 years. a) since b) ago c) past d) for   24. They saw …. in the mirror. a) themselves b) themself c) themselvs d) themselfs   25. He was …. by his uncle after his parents’ death. a) brought out b) brought up c) grown up d) grown   26. A man whose wife is dead is a ….. a) widow b) spinster c) widower d) bachelor   27. You …. buy bread because we have enough. a) mustn’t b) can’t c) may not d) needn’t   28. ………. money, he would buy a new car. a) Should George save b) If George will save c) Should save George d) If George would save   29. If I … you, I wouldn’t do that. a) would be b) am c) will be d) were   30. We can’t afford …. a new house this year. a) to buy b) buy c) to buying d) buying   test 1. It’s so … when you can’t remember someone’s name. a) frustrated b) frustratingly c) frustrating d) frustratedly   2. He accused his younger sister … all the lemon juice. a) drinking b) of drinking c) to drink d) that she drinks   3. I received a phone call out of the … from a former colleague I hadn’t seen for 10 years. a) blue b) green c) purple d) black   4. It … rain today, so take an umbrella! a) must b) can c) should d) might   5. … do you need in order to buy a new flat? a) How many money b) How much moneys c) How many moneys d) How much money   6. Can you give me some more … about the flight to Madrid, please? a) informations b) information c) pieces of informations d) infos   7. The officer isn’t allowed to drink while he’s … duty. a) on b) with c) in d) for   8. If my cousin … in a hurry, she wouldn’t have forgotten her keys. a) wouldn’t have left b) hadn’t left c) doesn’t leave d) wouldn’t leave   9. Only students with high averages are eligible … an extension to their student visas. a) to b) of c) with d) for   10. I’m never going to pay 20 £ for a cup of coffee! You … be joking! a) can b) should c) must d) ought   11. I’m not in the mood for going out. I’d rather … home. a) stay b) staying c) to stay d) stayed   12. I admire Tom for having spent 3 years living at a research station in … Antarctic. a) a b) the c) an   13. My Mum met Dad in 1990. … he was living in London. a) For the time being, b) On time, c) In time, d) At that time,   14. Thank you for inviting us! We had … a great time! a) such b) so c) absolutely d) very   15. You’ll have to be there … Tuesday! a) at b) in c) on d) since   16. They won’t go to the seaside unless their friends … with them. a) come b) would come c) don’t come d) wouldn’t come   17. Could you … me where I can find a pharmacy near here? a) say b) tell c) speak d) talk   18. He fell asleep … driving. Fortunately, he is safe and sound! a) during b) while c) as d) when   19. Last week we … on another trip to Istanbul. a) go b) had gone c) went d) would go 20. I love Robert De Niro. I think … latest film is just great! a) him b) he’s c) her d) his   Test de verficare limba engleza I. Change to the plural 1. That is a box.→ 2. He is a man.→ 3. This is a thief.→ . 4. It is a foot. → 5. She gives a party.→   II. Fill in: ON, AT, IN 1. I have English ____ Monday. 2. It often snows ____ winter. 3. We wake up____ 7 o’clock. 4. Christmas is ____ 25th December. 5. He comes home_____ noon.   III. Put the verb in the correct tense. 1. Listen! Someone ____________ ( sing ) . 2. The baby ____________ ( not / sleep ) at the moment. 3. ______ you _______________( play ) tennis every weekend? 4. They_____________ ( leave ) tomorrow. 5. Mother always _______________ (wash) the dishes.   IV. Turn into the plural 1. butterfly – 3. wife – 5. boy – 2. potato – 4. sheep –   V. Find the mistakes and correct them. 1. This bag isn’t my.→ 2. They has got a nice house.→ 3. How much bananas do you have? → 4. What is the cat? It’s in the garden. → 5. He do not love animals. →   VI. Circle the correct word 1. Is this Tim’s / Tims’ bag? 2. The wind is / its blowing at the moment. 3. What / Which is your name? 4. Who’s / Whose car is this? 5. Those bicycles are their / theirs.   VII. Underline the correct variant. 1. The dog is lying in front of / between the sofa. 2. Are there any shops under/near your house? 3. The cake is on / above the coffee table. 4. I put my notebooks in / at my bag. 5. The cinema is between / below the school and the hospital.   VIII. Fill in the gaps with the following words: grass, man, water, house, hair. I have got four long legs, two small ears, two lovely black eyes and long ________ on my head. I’m a big animal. I don’t live in a _______ or a garden, I live on a farm. I like eating ________ and apples. I drink _______. A woman, a ______ or a child can ride me.   IX. Write must/mustn’t/can/can’t. 1. You ___________ talk during tests. 2. ________ you speak English ? 3. You _______ respect your family. 4. I do not feel well. _________you call a doctor? 5. She ________ play with dolls. She doesn’t have any dolls!
SOME, ANY, NO Af. There are some books on the table./Sunt niste carti pe masa. Some – se foloseste pt. afirmativ Int. Are there any books on the table?/Sunt (se afla) niste carti pe masa? any– se foloseste pt. interogativ si negativ Neg. There aren’t any books on the table./Nu sunt (niste) carti pe masa          There are no books on the table./Nu sunt (niste) carti pe masa no – se foloseste pt. negativ (nu se mai pune « not » ) *You can take any book you want/Poti lua orice carte vrei. any folosit afirmativ inseamna “orice” * Can I have some milk, please?/Imi dati va rog, niste lapte? some - se foloseste la interogativ pt. o rugaminte politicoasa (este de fapt o falsa intrebare)   SOMETHING, ANYTHING, NOTHING   Af. There is something on the table./Este  (se afla) ceva pe masa . Something – se foloseste pt. afirmativ Int. Is there anything on the table?/Este (se afla) ceva pe masa? anything - se foloseste pt. interogativ si negativ Neg. There isn’t anything on the table./Nu este (nu se afla) nimic pe masa.          There is nothing on the table./Nu este (nu se afla) nimic pe masa. nothing – se foloseste pt. negativ (nu se mai pune « not » ) *You can take anything you want/Poti lua orice carte vrei. anything  folosit afirmativ inseamna “orice”       SOMEBODY, ANYBODY, NOBODY Af. There is somebody in the room./Este (se afla) cineva in camera. Somebody – se foloseste pt. afirmativ Int. Is there anybody in the room?/Este (se afla) cineva in camera? anybody - se foloseste pt. interogativ si negativ Neg. There isn’t anybody in the room./Nu este (nu se afla) nimeni in camera.          There is nobody in the room. /Nu este (nu se afla) nimeni in camera. nobody – se foloseste pt. negativ (nu se mai pune « not » ) Anybody can cook an omlette./Oricine poate pregati o omleta. anybody  folosit afirmativ inseamna “oricine”     SOMEONE, ANYONE, NO ONE Af. There is someone in the room./Este (se afla) cineva in camera. Someone – se foloseste pt. afirmativ Int. Is there anyone in the room?/Este (se afla) cineva in camera? anyone - se foloseste pt. interogativsinegativ Neg. There isn’t anyone in the room./Nu este (nu se afla) nimeni in camera.          There is no one in the room. /Nu este (nu se afla) nimeni in camera. no one – se foloseste pt. negativ (nu se maipune « not » ) Anyone can cook an omlette./Oricine poate pregati o omleta. anyone  folosit afirmativ inseamna “oricine”               SOMEWHERE, ANYWHERE, NOWHERE Af. I want to go somewhere hot/Vreau sa merg undeva unde e cald. Somewhere – se foloseste pt. afirmativ Int. Do you want to go anywhere? anywhere - se foloseste pt. interogativsinegativ Neg. I don’t want to go anywhere./Nu vreau sa merg nicaieri.          I want to go nowhere. Nu vreau sa merg nicaieri. nowhere – se foloseste pt. negativ (nu se mai pune « not » ) *You can go anywhere you want./Poti merge oriunde vrei. Anywhere folosit afirmativ inseamna “oriunde”  
Should = ar trebui (sfat, recomandare)– [şud] Affirmative I should take a rest today. Ar trebui sa ma odihnesc azi. You should visit your parents more often. Ar trebui sa-i vizitezi pe parintii tai mai des. He should leave right now. El ar trebui sa plece chiar acum. She should be more polite. Ea ar trebui sa fie mai politicoasa. We should meet our friends more often. Ar trebui sa ne intalnim cu prietenii nostri mai des. You should talk to your sister. Tu ar trebui sa vorbesti cu sora ta. They should spend their holiday abroad. Ei ar trebui sa-si petreaca vacanta in strainatate.   to take a rest/to have a rest = a se odihni right now = chiar acum polite[pălait] = politicos abroad [ă’bro:d] = in strainatate Interrogative Should I take a rest today? Ar trebui sa ma odihnesc azi? Should you visit your parents more often? Ar trebui sa-i vizitezi pe parintii tai mai des? Should heleave right now? El ar trebui sa plece chiar acum? Should she be more polite? Ea ar trebui sa fie mai politicoasa? Should we meet our friends more often? Ar trebui sa ne intalnim cu prietenii nostri mai des? Should you talk to your sister? Tu ar trebui sa vorbesti cu sora ta? Should they pend their holiday abroad? Ei ar trebui sa-si petreaca vacanta in strainatate?     I should not take a rest today. I shouldn’t take a rest today. You should not visit your parents more often. You shouldn’t visit your parents more often. He should not leave right now. He shouldn’t leave right now. She should not be more polite. She shouldn’t be more polite. We should not meet our friends more often. We shouldn’t meet our friends more often. You should not talk to your sister. You shouldn’t not talk to your sister. They should not spend their holiday abroad. They shouldn’t not spend their holiday abroad.  
AnnaE
.Post in Prepositions - Prepoziții
Prepositions (II) near=next to=beside I am sitting next to you. I am sitting beside you.   behind=at the back of =in spatele Tha garage is behind the house. The garage is at the back of the house   in front of The garden is in front of the house.   ahead of We had many cars ahead of us. She has a wonderful career ahead of her.   along He is walking along the road.     along with I am studying history along with geography.   together with I am together with my friends. The bear is together with its cubs. – Ursul este impreuna cu puii sai.   with I am staying with my parents at a nice hotel.   without I can’t do without your help.   over/above The picture is over the fireplace. The sky is above us.   under/below/beneath The cat is under the table. There are 3 degrees C below zero. The fish is swimming beneath the water.   for The present is for my sister. I have known her for2 years.   from Where are you from? I am from London.   About They are talking about the weather. He will arrive at about 8 o’clock.   around We have a beautiful garden around the house. He will arrive around8 o’clock.         To listen to   I am listening to music. I am listening to the news on the radio. They are listening to their teacher. What are you listening to?   Who are they listening to? To wait for (sb./sth) He is waiting for the bus. She is waiting for her friends. What is he waiting for? Who is she waiting for? To look at I am looking at the pictures. What are you looking at? To look for He is looking for his glasses. What is he looking for? To look after (to take care of) My mother is looking after my children. Who is looking after your children? To speak about The teacher is speaking about the environment. What is the teacher speaking about? To speak to The teacher is speaking to the students. Who is the teacher speaking to? To talk about They are talking about next week’s party. What are they talking about? To talk to My mother is talking to her friend. Who is your mother talking to? To complain about They are complaining about the weather. What are they complaining about? To worry about She is worried about her health. What is she worried about? To think of/about I am thinking of my friends. I am thinking about my holiday. Who are you thinking of?   What are you thinking about?